ReSOURCE YouthBuild Burlington is seeing an AmeriCorps Job Site Assistant.
The Job Site Assistant works side-by-side with our Job Site Supervisors leading small crews of our YouthBuild students in construction projects and activities.
- Projects range from affordable-housing renovations to small-framed constructions (sheds, lean-to’s, cabins) to furniture.
- On Fridays, the Job Site Assistant co-leads the crew on a service project with a different community partner every week, which may or may not involve construction.
- Teaching construction and mentoring/counseling youth are equal parts of the job.
- Timeframe = Full time, M-F 8:00am-3:30pm.
- Location = Burlington, VT site. 339 Pine St.
Americorp – This is a one-year-long position with the option of continuing. The AmeriCorps stipend is modest but offers financial stability for 12 months, and includes a full-range of benefits and lots of vacation and flexibility.
Team – The YouthBuild team is caring and flexible and we really support everyone finding the right balance in their job and role within the team.
Requirements – Teaching experience and/or interest. General knowledge of power tools and construction/woodworking are important, but not required. This job is as much an opportunity to learn as it is to teach. The team is really supportive of the Job Site Assistant developing skills they are interested in.
You don’t need to check all the boxes. If you think this might be interesting to you but you’re not sure you’re the right candidate, contact us for more information. We’re happy to chat!
Position is open until filled. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, feel free to contact the YouthBuild Program Manager, Prem Linskey, at email@example.com or 802-276-5089 or Job Site Instructor Marina Rubio at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-491-7106.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com