ReSOURCE is looking for an AmeriCorps member. This position will help to jump start a career, inspire many and affect real change.
This person has strong interpersonal and presentation skills, is passionate, innovative, organized, and capable of working with a diverse group of people. They will have the ability to make decisions in a variety of situations and work with a group of leaders to decide on best courses of action.
The Trainee Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for supporting programs that focus on building job readiness skills for youth and adults that are blind and visually impaired. This positon offers the right person the opportunity to have a rewarding experience, meaningful responsibilities with support and real growth.
ReSOURCE is an innovative non-profit organization dedicated to environmental stewardship, educational training and economic opportunities. This AmeriCorps position must complete a minimum 1700 hours in 11 months and some weekend hours required; reports to the LEAP Program Manager.
The position is contingent upon grant funding. This is a covered position and requires full background checks. This position has access to the vulnerable population
GOALS & DUTIES:
- Co-facilitate three professional growth weekend Retreats (October, February, April)
- Help participants develop competitive job skills which will lead to employment
- Practice and lead good communication; the art of dialogue, active listening, and confrontation management with management and participants.
- Support participants with job readiness skills at any of our job sites
- Support meal planning and food management throughout out our summer programming.
- Provide support managing and organizing our 2020 summer crews and crew leaders.
- Support recruitment for summer 2020 program participants, youth both from Vermont and outside of Vermont
- Support the planning, development and facilitation of Crew Leader training 2019
- Support a healthy and effective culture
- Support summer interns throughout their experience
- Responsible for traveling between service sites and housing, facilitating performance reviews of interns, partner relations, accessibility, support of job coaches if needed and general reporting of program successes. Participate in crew leaders check in’s, and maintains weekly calendar/events, ensure appropriate number of activities
- Report any conflicts between students, crew leaders, internship sites supervisors to staff for support and proper documentation
- Provide leadership, guidance, motivation and direction to a diverse group of Corps Members
- Needs to be flexible
- Direct open communication with supervisor
- Provide correspondence including feedback and acknowledgement to partners and crew leaders
- Use sound judgment with consultation to navigate difficult situations and decisions, and share any anticipated challenges or opportunities with management
- Work with supervisor to establish personal development goals
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Experience working with youth.
- Mission Driven
- Competent use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Positive, cooperative team spirit.
- Uniform standards- professional attire
- Must be a U.S. citizen, a national, or legal permanent resident
- Must be at least 18 years old or 17 years old with parental permission upon entering pre-service orientation
- Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate, or be willing to work towards their GED as part of their service-year successful completion requirement. A member cannot have dropped out of High School to join AmeriCorps.
- Must undergo a National Service Criminal History Check
- Must complete Agency of Human Services Adult & Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must not have been convicted of murder
- Must not have been convicted of sexual assault
- Must complete Mandated Reporter Certification
- Rewarding service to community
- Real experience, real responsibility, room to grow
- Affect change
- Medical insurance
- $14,000 living allowance plus housing allowance
- Education award upon successful completion of hours
- Personal and professional development trainings
Please Kaelyn Modrak, LEAP Program Manager, a resume and cover letter at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org