Electronics Specialist, Williston
ReSOURCE is an innovative non-profit with a mission to meet community and individual needs through (1) education and job skills training, (2) environmental stewardship, and (3) economic opportunities. Its operations are largely funded through reuse sales. The Electronics Specialist supports reuse by testing, pricing, and fixing electronics (televisions, monitors, stereos, etc.)
This is a 35 hour/week, non-exempt position that reports to the Computer Department Manager.
Goals of Position
- Effectively test & price electronics (televisions, monitors, DVD players, stereos, etc.)
- Participate in E-Waste collection (training provided)
- Assist in picking up donations
- Assist customers with electronics questions and selection
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (spelling, grammar and punctuation).
- Superior customer service skills.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Advanced organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
- Computer knowledge and experience a big plus
- Ability to stand, bend and sit throughout the work day.
- Ability to walk up and down a flight of stairs regularly throughout the work day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to read, write and perform simple math to complete paperwork and customer transactions.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Ability to supervise students and volunteers in a professional, friendly and direct way.
- Ability to arrive for work on time and maintain acceptable attendance.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff in English.
- Ability to manage priorities to meet multiple commitments.
- Ability to concentrate and think through given responsibilities.
- Ability to learn new and innovative ways to help ReSOURCE support its mission.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high energy environment.
Benefits include employee discount and a generous time off package.
ReSOURCE serves diverse populations throughout Vermont. As a workplace, ReSOURCE is strengthened by diverse perspectives. ReSOURCE seeks applicants who reflect the diversity within Vermont and who bring unique talents and strengths to ReSOURCE’s programs.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com