ReSOURCE is looking for AmeriCorps members. This position will help jump start your career, inspire many, and effect real change. ReSOURCE is an innovative non-profit organization dedicated to its mission to empower individuals and strengthen Vermont communities through workforce development, poverty relief, and environmental stewardship. Every Body Works Mentor supports this mission by supporting students enrolled in training programs at ReSOURCE.
The Every Body Works Program addresses our community needs of higher unemployment and poverty. It provides service-based learning and opportunities to youth and adults with disabilities. Every Body Works Mentor will support trainees throughout their experience at ReSOURCE and enhance the learning process. By creating meaningful connections and create a safe learning environment for participants.
This a minimum time AmeriCorps position requiring complete 300 hours (specific hours are outlined in Member Agreement) by August 31, 2021. This position must complete 300 hours within the 11-month grant year period, on or before August 31, 2021. Some weekend service may be required.
Positions are available in ReSOURCE’s: Barre, Burlington, Hyde Park or Williston. This position is contingent upon grant funding and will
require full background checks.
• Support a safe & healthy learning environment
• Practice and role model service-learning expectations
• Participate in professional growth classes
• Positive and cooperative attitude a must
• Reliable transportation
• Ability to make and follow through with commitment
• Ability to role model expectations
• Friendly supportive demeanor
• Must be a U.S. citizen, a national, or legal permanent resident
• Must be at least 18 years old or 17 years old with parental permission upon entering pre-service orientation
• Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate, or be willing to work towards their GED as part of their service-year successful completion requirement. A member cannot have dropped out of High School to join AmeriCorps
• Must undergo a National Service Criminal History Check
• Must undergo Agency of Human Services Adult & Child Abuse Registry Check
• Must not have been convicted of murder
• Must not have been convicted of sexual assault
• Rewarding service to community
• Real experience, real responsibility, room to grow
• Affect change
• $1,311.11 education award upon successful completion of hours
• Personal and professional development trainings
How to Apply
All interested persons apply with a resume or completed ReSOURCE Training Application to:
email@example.com . Please specify interest in this AmeriCorps Mentor position. Save Paper- electronic submissions only please!
ReSOURCE serves diverse populations throughout Vermont. As a culture, ReSOURCE is strengthened by
diverse populations. ReSOURCE seeks applicants who reflect the diversity within Vermont and who bring
unique talent and strengths to ReSOURCE’s programs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org