ReSOURCE is looking for AmeriCorps members. This position is an opportunity that will last a lifetime. It offers real experience to jump-start a future.
The Multi-Unit Program Trainer will support the building of job readiness skills through meaningful experiences and opportunities with students who are blind or visually impaired in a residential program.
This person should have passion, strong interpersonal, and communication skills, and the ability to work independently. They will make decisions in the field in a variety of situations, and serve collaboratively on a team to anticipate challenges and create solutions.
This position requires flexibility. This person will support and train two crews in the field who are blind or visually impaired. This position offers the right person the opportunity to have a rewarding experience, meaningful responsibilities with support and real growth.
ReSOURCE is an innovative non-profit organization dedicated to environmental stewardship, educational training and economic opportunities This AmeriCorps position must complete a minimum of 1700 hours in 11 months and some weekend hours required; reports to the LEAP Program Manager. This is a covered position and requires full background checks. This position has access to vulnerable population.
GOALS & DUTIES:
- Participate in program leadership training
- Coordinate and develop the Leadership Development Program
- Responsible for traveling between service sites and housing to provide training and support as needed
- Provide on-call support for crews in the field
- Participate in crew evaluations & check ins
- Report any conflicts between students, program facilitators, internship sites supervisors to staff for support and proper documentation
- Open direct communication with supervisor
- Use sound judgment with consultation to navigate difficult situations and decisions, and share any anticipated challenges or opportunities with management
- Work with supervisor to establish personal development goals
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Experience working with youth.
- Mission Driven
- Competent use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Positive, cooperative team spirit.
- Uniform standards- professional attire
- Must be a U.S. citizen, a national, or legal permanent resident
- Must be at least 18 years old or 17 years old with parental permission upon entering pre-service orientation
- Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate, or be willing to work towards their GED as part of their service-year successful completion requirement. A member cannot have dropped out of High School to join AmeriCorps.
- Must undergo a National Service Criminal History Check
- Must undergo Agency of Human Service Adult & Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must Complete Mandated Reporter Certification
- Must not have been convicted of murder
- Must not have been convicted of sexual assault
- Rewarding service to community
- Real experience, real responsibility, room to grow
- Affect change
- Medical insurance
- $14,000 living allowance plus housing allowance
- Education award upon successful completion of hours
- Personal and professional development trainings
Please Kaelyn Modrak, LEAP Program Manager, a resume and cover letter at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org