ReSOURCE is an innovative non-profit organization with the mission of environmental stewardship, job skill training and poverty relief. ReSOURCE’s Intensive programs provide adults with barriers to employment with job skills, career-development training, and job-placement services. The Program Coordinator – Burlington will oversee all aspects of the Logistics and HVAC programs including community-partner relationships, participant recruitment and screening, job placement and follow-up services, and program evaluation. The Program Coordinator will ensure these programs deliver high-quality training instruction, and link to relevant employers, training opportunities, and community partners.
Hours – 30 hour per week
Location – Remote options and travel within Vermont required
Compensation – $39,000 annual salary and generous time off
Goals of Position
- Help update and deliver an adult training program that engages participants, imparts transferrable skills, and serves as a national model for success.
- Ensure participants leave the program career ready with a solid technical-skills background and an ability to use new skills in a variety of work settings.
- Develop and maintain community partnerships for the purposes of participant recruitment, funding, career development, and supportive service provision.
- Provide job skills training in personal and professional development (PPD) following ReSOURCE’s PPD curricula.
- Mentor participants and serve as a role model for employability skills.
- Provide feedback to participants through both formal evaluations and informal assessments of learning.
Coordinate Program Logistics
- Market program and recruit participants.
- Conduct participant interviews and reference checks.
- Qualify course enrollment.
- Identify and coordinate Employer Panel.
- Coordinate participant work experiences and job placements.
- Role model professionalism for participants.
- Support participants in technical and career skill development;
- Monitor participant progress and provide formal evaluations that measure technical and employability skill proficiency.
- Provide ReSOURCE’s Personal and Professional Development (PPD) training including resume development and interview preparation.
- Maintain professional standards of confidentiality.
- Arrange targeted supportive services to eliminate barriers to participation and career success.
Promote Program in the Community
- Serve as public ambassador for ReSOURCE and program partners.
- Develop and implement participant recruitment strategy, including: marketing and promotion, partner outreach, information sessions, applicant interviews and pre-program orientation.
- Work in collaboration with Employment and Transition Staff to cultivate employer relationships and identify appropriate employment opportunities for participants.
- Travel to program training sites throughout the state, as relevant.
- Develop and maintain networks of community partners in a variety of communities in Vermont to support and sustain programming.
Track and Monitor Program Effectiveness and Outcomes
- Report to the Training Director about participant and project progress.
- Through the ReSOURCE database, track participant outcomes that measure program effectiveness and success.
- Make use of outcome data to update program funders and inform continuous program improvement.
- Experience in the education, workforce development, program management, or the trades.
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership experience.
- Experience teaching or training adults, with experience working with adults with barriers to employment preferred.
- Commitment to ReSOURCE’s mission.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Team player with excellent communications skills and experience with collaborative decision making.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and accomplish goals.
- Positive, cooperative team spirit.
ReSOURCE serves diverse populations throughout Vermont. As a workplace, ReSOURCE is strengthened by diverse perspectives. ReSOURCE seeks applicants who reflect the diversity within Vermont and who bring unique talents and strengths to ReSOURCE’s programs.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider, and employer. Services to individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org