ReSOURCE is an innovative non-profit organization with the mission of environmental stewardship, job skills training and poverty relief. ReSOURCE’s YouthBuild Program provides hands-on alternative education, service learning, and job skills training services to youth no longer enrolled in high school.
This is a full-time, exempt position that will supervise job skills training and program staff, and AmeriCorps members in ReSOURCE’s Burlington, Vermont location. The YouthBuild Program Manager will oversee all aspects of the YouthBuild program in Burlington, including participant recruitment, community partnership building, training and supportive service delivery, and career and post-secondary education placement services.
The YouthBuild Program Manager oversees the YouthBuild alternative education and job skills training program. This is a full-time, exempt position that will supervise job skills training and program staff and AmeriCorps members in ReSOURCE’s Burlington, Vermont location.
The YouthBuild Program Manager will oversee all aspects of the YouthBuild program in Burlington to ensure that ReSOURCE’s YouthBuild program delivers high quality instruction, and provides young men and women with support, educational and employment opportunities that includes high school diploma and post-secondary opportunities.
Goals of Position
- Design and deliver a YouthBuild program that provides opportunities for students to learn skills necessary for success in work, life and education that includes achievement of high school diplomas, and achievement of employment and/or post-secondary education upon graduation.
- Coordinate with instructors to develop and deliver a career and college ready curriculum and program.
- Supervise and support YouthBuild staff to continuously improve and develop their supervisory, instructional, cultural competency, and communication skills and techniques.
- Coordinate community outreach and partnership development for the purposes of student recruitment, educational opportunities, and career development.
- Develop and maintain a program culture that welcomes and values all individuals and provides them with the opportunity to succeed.
- Create and maintain a well-run, professional, safe and profitable training program with successful graduates.
- Support the mission of ReSOURCE.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Successful completion of a National Sex Offender Register check.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership and youth development experience.
- Background in education, specifically high school or alternative program models.
- Fluent knowledge of Vermont’s Flexible Pathways educational model (Act 77).
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Commitment to ReSOURCE and YouthBuildUSA’s mission.
How to Apply Apply with resume AND cover letter (only complete applications will be accepted) to: email@example.com.
Please specify interest is in the YouthBuild Program Manager position. Save paper – electronic applications only, please.
ReSOURCE serves diverse populations throughout Vermont. As a workplace, ReSOURCE is strengthened by diverse perspectives. ReSOURCE seeks applicants who reflect the diversity within Vermont and who bring unique talents and strengths to ReSOURCE’s programs.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider, and employer. Services to individuals with disabilities are available upon request
Interested applicants please send a resume and cover letter to Andrew Jope firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com