ReSOURCE is an innovative non-profit with the mission of waste reduction, job skill training and poverty relief. Its operations are largely funded through its reuse operations. The Reuse Specialist plays a pivotal role in earning this revenue which also supports the charitable donation and training programs.
The Reuse Specialist will report directly to the Store Manager and help oversee all aspects of ReSOURCE’s reuse retail operations including donation intake, merchandising, sales, volunteer coordination, and trainee support and supervision. The Reuse Specialist will ensure that the organization delivers excellent customer service, minimizes waste and disposal costs and maximizes training for all trainees.
Goals of Position
- Create and maintain a well run, professional, safe, clean and profitable reuse retail store with satisfied customers and smooth flowing systems and procedures.
- Maximize sales revenue through effective merchandising of goods and the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Make ReSOURCE a valuable resource for low-income people in the community.
- Maximize reuse opportunities while developing a model reuse center.
- Deliver excellent customer service and support to both internal and external customers.
- Support the mission of ReSOURCE.
- Ability to stand and bend throughout the work day.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds through the work day and up to 100 pounds using a hand truck.
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools including hand truck.
- Ability to read, write and perform simple math to complete paperwork and customer transactions.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks on time.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Ability to supervise others in a professional, friendly and direct way.
- Ability to arrive for work shifts and functions on time and maintain acceptable attendance.
- Ability to concentrate and think through given responsibilities.
- Ability to learn new and innovative ways to help ReSOURCE support its mission.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high energy environment.
Effective Operation of Store
- Rotate opening and closing shifts, manage cash and deposits using a computerized register system.
- Handle customer questions, inquiries and be a spokesperson for the organization within the community.
- Effectively display incoming donations to promote sales and keep the store organized.
- Handle donation intake and voluntary contributions to cover disposal costs.
- Keep the Household Goods Store and grounds clean that will include sweeping, dusting, and maintaining a clean dumpster area.
Help Supervise and Support Trainees and Volunteers
- Work with lead staff to coordinate and supervise daily work of trainee
- Help supervise, train and support volunteers and Reach-Up participants, ensuring that every individual is personally accountable for their actions and is thanked for their help.
- Effectively communicate with the store management on trainees’ progress.
- Teach volunteers about store operations, effective customer service, and other necessary job skills.
- Maintain daily log and record of volunteer hours.
- Role model professional behavior for all volunteers and trainee
Maintain a Safe Workplace
- Create and maintain safe working practices. These practices should reflect ReSOURCE and OSHA safety policies.
- Use proper personal protective equipment.
- Report unsafe working conditions to department manager or HR & Training Director.
- Actively participate in department meetings to identify and correct hazards before accidents happen.
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to use them with a variety of audiences.
- Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- Positive, cooperative team spirit.
- Interest in environmental conservation and reuse.
- Commitment to ReSOURCE’s mission.
General sign-off: The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
I have read and understand this explanation and job description.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com