ReSOURCE is an innovative non-profit with the mission of waste reduction, job skill training and poverty relief. Its operations are largely funded through its reuse operations. The Store Lead plays a pivotal role in earning this revenue which also supports the charitable donation and training programs.
The Store Lead will report to the Store Manager and help oversee all aspects of ReSOURCE’s reuse retail operations including merchandising, sales, volunteer coordination, and trainee support and supervision. The Store Lead will help ensure that the organization delivers excellent customer service, minimizes waste and disposal costs, and maximizes training for all trainees.
The Store Lead will help the Store Manager supervise and support all store personnel and rotate opening and closing duties and coverage to ensure that the store is open at convenient hours for customers and donors. This will require morning, evening, and weekend hours.
Goals of Position
- Maximize sales revenue through effective pricing and merchandising of goods and the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Maximize the quantity and quality of reusable items and material recycled and minimize disposal costs
- Deliver excellent customer service and make sure the store is a fun, friendly and customer oriented.
- Teach trainees excellent customer service/retail skills and other broad and transferable job skills to allow each trainee to find unsubsidized employment.
- Be a well connected community resource with excellent links to employers, business partners and the non-profit community.
- Support the mission of ReSOURCE.
- Ability to stand and bend throughout the work day.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds through the work day and up to 100 pounds using a hand truck.
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools including hand truck.
- Ability to read, write and perform simple math to complete paperwork and customer transactions.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks on time.
- Ability to supervise others in a professional, friendly and direct way.
- Ability to arrive for work on time and maintain acceptable attendance.
- Ability to concentrate and think through given responsibilities.
- Ability to learn new and innovative ways to help ReSOURCE support its mission.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high energy environment.
Effective Operation of Store
- Manage all required functions of the register and register staff.
- Rotate opening and closing shifts, secure store, manage cash and deposits using a computerized register system, and develop effective operating procedures.
- Handle customer questions, inquiries and be a spokesperson for the organization within the community.
- Effectively manage priorities to meet multiple commitments.
- Effectively display and price incoming donations to promote sales, plan for seasonal rushes and keep the store organized.
- Keep the Household Goods Store and grounds clean that includes making sure that proper sweeping, dusting, and maintaining of dumpster area is upheld.
- Identify solutions for unexpected staff absences to maintain proper coverage at all times.
- Work with department managers to develop and implement improvements to the merchandising process, including seasonal displays.
- Work closely with store management to ensure proper staff coverage and anticipate seasonal needs.
- Supervise daily performance of all store staff and report any performance concerns to Store Manager.
Help Supervise and Support Trainees and Volunteers
- Work with store management to coordinate and supervise daily work of trainee
- Help supervise, train and support volunteers and Reach Up participants, ensuring that every individual is personally accountable for their actions and is thanked for their help.
- Effectively communicate with the Store Manager on trainees’ progress.
- Teach volunteers about store operations, effective customer service, and other necessary job skills.
- Maintain daily log and record of volunteer hours.
- Role model professional behavior for all volunteers and trainee
Maintain a Safe Workplace
- Create and maintain safe working practices. These practices should reflect ReSOURCE and OSHA safety policies.
- Use proper personal protective equipment.
- Report unsafe working conditions to department manager or HR & Training Director.
- Actively participate in department meetings to identify and correct hazards before accidents happen.
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- Positive, cooperative team spirit.
- One year of retail sales and cash management experience.
- Knowledge and interest in environmental conservation and reuse as well as antiques and collectibles.
- Commitment to ReSOURCE’s mission.
General sign-off: The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
I have read and understand this explanation and job description.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org