AmeriCorps Essential Goods Community Liaison- Help Vermonters Access Essential Household items with Dignity
ReSOURCE is looking for AmeriCorps members. This position will help jump start your career, inspire many, and affect real change.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and verbal skills; be passionate, innovative, and organized; capable of serving with a diverse group of people, and above all be empathic. They will have the ability to make decisions in a variety of situations. This position serves the community by assisting with essential goods recipients and donations of goods. This is a direct service position that requires extensive interaction with the public.
Essential Goods Assistants will assist ReSOURCE’s Essential Goods Coordinator with charitable donations of essential goods both made to ReSOURCE and provided to individuals in need.
These positions will strengthen the poverty relief component of ReSOURCE’s mission. Members will help refine and enhance our essential goods program by providing support and coordinating relief efforts within our community.
ReSOURCE is an innovative non-profit organization dedicated to its mission to empower individuals and strengthen Vermont communities through workforce development, poverty relief, and environmental stewardship. The AmeriCorps position must complete 1700 hours in 11 months, rotating service hours on Saturdays & Sundays; report to the Essential Goods Coordinator. This position is contingent upon grant funding and will require full background checks. This position has access to the vulnerable population. Positions available in ReSOURCE’s Barre, Burlington, Williston and Hyde Park locations
Goals & Duties:
- Build a strong community reputation
- Support mission of AmeriCorps and ReSOURCE
- Support health & effective culture
- Work with supervisor to establish personal development goals
- Support planning, development & fine tuning of Essential Goods Programming
- Support students through service to others
- Support community volunteers
- Provide leadership and mentorship to AmeriCorps members enrolled in Every Body Works
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience with serving disadvantaged populations
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Access, Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Familiarity with SQL preferred
- Bilingual speakers highly encouraged to apply
- Mission driven
- Positive and cooperative attitude a must
- Valid license and reliable transportation a must
- Must be a U.S. citizen, a national, or legal permanent resident
- Must be at least 18 years old or 17 years old with parental permission upon entering pre-service orientation
- Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate, or be willing to work towards their GED as part of their service-year successful completion requirement. A member cannot have dropped out of High School to join AmeriCorps.
- Must undergo a National Service Criminal History Check
- Must complete Agency of Human Services Adult & Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must not have been convicted of murder
- Must not have been convicted of sexual assault
- Must complete Mandated Reporter Certification
- Rewarding service to community
- Real experience, real responsibility, room to grow
- Affect change
- Medical insurance
- $14,700 living allowance plus housing allowance
- $5,920 education award upon successful completion of hours
- Personal and professional development trainings
All interested Persons please apply to Danielle Dubois, Every Body Works Program Director, with a resume and cover letter at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org