Have some free time this summer and looking for rewarding work? Our LEAP program is in need of a Summer Facilitator for students who are blind or visually impaired. This is a short term experience that will last a lifetime. Does this sound like the position for you?
Description: ReSOURCE is looking for leaders to facilitate a summer, residential program for students who are blind or visually impaired. This is a short term experience which will last a lifetime. It will offer real experience and opportunity to propel a career.
Facilitators are responsible for a group of 8 students with a co-facilitator. They ensure the daily safety and management of student behavior, and act as a role model for daily activities.
This person will facilitate meaningful experiences and opportunities for students with visual impairments in a residential setting. They will ensure the health and safety of a community of diverse students.
The Facilitator should have strong communication skills, the ability to work with a co-lead, and a passion for working with diverse communities. They will make decisions in the field in a variety of situations, and work collaboratively on a team to anticipate challenges and create solutions.
This is a full time, seasonal position. Facilitators live in UVM or Champlain College dormitories with students for a period of 6-7 weeks. Facilitators attend two weeks of training prior to the start of the program. The program runs from June 5th – August 12th. It is supervised by the LEAP Program Manager.
This positon offers the right person the opportunity to have a rewarding experience, meaningful responsibilities with support and real growth.
- Ability to communicate clearly and fluently to youth and young adults.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to supervise and teach others in a professional, friendly and direct way.
- Ability to use a computer and basic office equipment independently.
- Ability to represent ReSOURCE in public, at media events and represent the organization to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to concentrate and think through given responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high energy environment.
- Ability to arrive for work on time and maintain acceptable attendance.
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and leading training sessions for youth and adults with multiple barriers.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Possess excellent teamwork communications skills and a willingness to use them with a variety of audiences.
- Positive, cooperative team spirit.
- Commitment to the LEAP program and ReSOURCE’s mission.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to reliable personal transportation.
- Standard First Aid/CPR
- Willingness to undergo a criminal background check
- Real experience, real responsibility, room to grow
- Affect change
- Weekly stipend
- Room and board provided
Please send Kaelyn Modrak, LEAP Program Manager, a resume and cover letter at [email protected] if interested!